The Rural Economic Development Department understands the drivers that support a healthy economy. We work closely with businesses and communities to position Woodbury County for success and we can assist you by providing the following types of service:
- Assistance with business retention, relocation and expansion.
- Referrals and resources for start-ups and growing businesses.
- Input and analysis of development concepts and feasibility.
- Customized solutions to support businesses.
- Identification of locations that match business needs.
The department also works with local, state and federal legislators to advocate on behalf of businesses and families in rural Woodbury County.
Our Mission is to increase the local tax base and foster job growth by attracting, retaining and expanding targeted industries, including a special focus on small business growth, and thereby, enhance the quality of life for all residents of Woodbury County.